Unable to open .ics file in Android Google Calendar

Viewed 365

I am trying to manually generate .ics for some events. The file is opening on windows outlook and calendar, but when I try to open this file in the mobile version of google calendar, it is saying "unable to open file". Can someone tell me what is wrong with this file?

Content of File:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
X-LOTUS-CHARSET:UTF-8
PRODID:-//Adarsh Test Calendar
VERSION:2.0
METHOD:PUBLISH
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:c8d1a181-3bc1-4efb-8d73-1cabdd4cd42f
CATEGORIES:None
CLASS:
SUMMARY:Flight from Singapore to Hong Kong 
DESCRIPTION:SQ Singapore Airlines SQ894 Economy class
LOCATION:Singapore \, Singapore Changi Airport \, 
PRIORITY:0
STATUS:CONFIRMED
DTSTART:20220507T050500
DTEND:20220508T090500
TRANSP:OPAQUE
CREATED:20220418T165905Z
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY
TRIGGER;VALUE=DURATION:-PT24H
DESCRIPTION:Do not forget to check-in for your flight
END:VALARM

END:VEVENT

BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:ff559bcb-4468-4886-86a1-27777850b07a
CATEGORIES:None
CLASS:
SUMMARY:Flight from Chennai to Singapore 
DESCRIPTION:6E IndiGo Airlines 6E112    Economy class
LOCATION:Chennai \, Chennai International Airport \, 
PRIORITY:0
STATUS:CONFIRMED
DTSTART:20220429T220000
DTEND:20220429T213000
TRANSP:OPAQUE
CREATED:20220418T165905Z
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY
TRIGGER;VALUE=DURATION:-PT24H
DESCRIPTION:Do not forget to check-in for your flight
END:VALARM

END:VEVENT

END:VCALENDAR
1 Answers

You need to include ORGANIZER when using METHOD:PUBLISH (source)

I've been struggling with this same issue for like 2 hours. The calendar app on my Mac opened it just fine (apparently more lenient on formatting). Google and Samsung, however, would not open.

Related