How to initialize an array of custom structs in Assembly

Viewed 42

I'm working on an assembly language project where I need to define a custom struct COORD which defines a 3-D coordinate and then define an array of COORD objects

Here is my code so far:

INCLUDE Irvine32.inc

COORD STRUCT
    X    WORD ?
    Y    WORD ?
    Z    WORD ?
COORD ENDS

.data
coordinates COORD <1, 2, 3>, <5, 10, 15>, <6, 12, 18>, <7, 14, 21>, <8, 16, 24>

When I try to build the project I get these errors:

 error A2163: non-benign structure redefinition: incorrect initializers : COORD
 error A2164: non-benign structure redefinition: too few initializers : COORD
 error A2164: non-benign structure redefinition: too few initializers : COORD
 error A2036: too many initial values for structure

So how do I go about properly defining a COORD struct that represents a 3-D coordinate and defining an array of COORD structs. If someone could please explain how to do this any why these errors are happening it would be very much appreciated.

0 Answers
Related