I have a list of dfs and a list of annual budgets. Each df represents one business year, and each budget represents a total spend for that year.
# the business year starts from Feb and ends in Jan.
# the budget column is first populated with the % of annual budget allocation
df <- data.frame(monthly_budget=c(0.06, 0.13, 0.07, 0.06, 0.1, 0.06, 0.06, 0.09, 0.06, 0.06, 0.1, 0.15),
month=month.abb[c(2:12, 1)])
# dfs for 3 years
df2019_20 <- df
df2020_21 <- df
df2021_22 <- df
# budgets for 3 years
budget2019_20 <- 6000000
budget2020_21 <- 7000000
budget2021_22 <- 8000000
# into lists
df_list <- list(df2019_20, df2020_21, df2021_22)
budget_list <- list(budget2019_20, budget2020_21, budget2021_22)
I've written the following function to both apply the right year to Jan and fill in the rest by deparsing the respective dfs name. It works perfectly if I supply a single df and a single budget.
budget_func <- function(df, budget){
df_name <- deparse(substitute(df))
df <- df %>%
mutate(year=ifelse(month=="Jan",
as.numeric(str_sub(df_name, -2)) + 2000,
as.numeric(str_extract(df_name, "\\d{4}(?=_)")))
)
for (i in 1:12){
df[i,1] <- df[i,1] * budget
i <- i+1
}
return(df)
}
To speed things up I want to pass both lists as arguments to mapply. However I don't get the results I want - what am I doing wrong?
final_budgets <- mapply(budget_func, df_list, budget_list)