I'm running Vagrant version 2.2.19 with VirtualBox version 6.1 on Mac OS Monterey version 12.3.1.
When running vagrant up or vagrant up --provision, I'm receiving the following error:
The SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant
assumes that this means the command failed. The output for this command
should be in the log above. Please read the output to determine what
went wrong.
Upon checking the logs, in provisioner-utility-source-core.log I can see the following log:
[0;38;5;2m ▷ Running the [0m[1m[0;38;5;5m'utility-source-core'[21m[0;38;5;2m provisioner...[0m[0m[0m
[0m[39m[2m* Updating the "core" utility on the "master" branch...[21m[0m
fatal: unsafe repository ('/srv/provision/utilities/core' is owned by someone else)
To add an exception for this directory, call:
git config --global --add safe.directory /srv/provision/utilities/core
[0;38;5;9m ! The [0m[1m[0;38;5;5m'utility-source-core'[21m[0;38;5;9m provisioner ran into problems, the full log is available at [0m[1m[0;38;5;5m'/var/log/provisioners/2022.04.18_18-32-31/provisioner-utility-source-core.log'[21m[0;38;5;9m. It completed in [0m[1m[0;38;5;5m0[21m[0;38;5;9m seconds.[0m[0m
In the above, can see a fatal error:
unsafe repository ('/srv/provision/utilities/core' is owned by someone else)
However, I cannot see any resources online to solve the above fatal error.
What I've tried:
- Running
vagrant haltthenvagrant destroyand thenvagrant upto create the box again, and then runningvagrant upto see if it solves things (get the same error) - Added
Git SSH(using this guide) in case it was aGiterror - Uninstalled and then reinstalled
VirtualBox - Cleared out
IPsfrom/etc/hosts/hosts, and then ranvagrant upagain, to see if there were any conflicts. - Have tried running
git config --global --add safe.directory /srv/provision/utilities/core, then re-ranvagrant up --provision- but it does nothing.
Note: I have allowed oracle permissions via security and privacy and have rebooted my machine so it's in effect.
Is there any way to get VVV running again?