I need to work on ajax response, that is one of responses received upon visiting a page. I use selenium dev tools and java. I create a listener, that intercepts a specific request and then I want to work on response it brings. However I need to setup static wait, or else selenium don't have time to save RequestId. I read Chrome Dev Tools documentation, but it's a new thing for me. I wonder if there is a method that would allow me to wait for this call to be completed, other than the static wait.
Here is my code:
@Test(groups = "test")
public void x() throws InterruptedException, JsonProcessingException {
User user = User.builder();
ManageAccountStep manageAccountStep = new ManageAccountStep(getDriver());
DashboardPO dashboardPO = new DashboardPO(getDriver());
manageAccountStep.login(user);
DevTools devTools = ((HasDevTools) getDriver()).maybeGetDevTools().orElseThrow();
devTools.createSessionIfThereIsNotOne();
devTools.send(Network.enable(Optional.empty(), Optional.empty(), Optional.empty()));
// end of boilerplate
final RequestId[] id = new RequestId[1];
devTools.addListener(Network.responseReceived(), response -> {
log.info(response.getResponse().getUrl());
if (response.getResponse().getUrl().contains(DESIRED_URL)){
id[0] = response.getRequestId();
}
});
dashboardPO
.clickLink(); // here is when my DESIRED_URL happens
Utils.sleep(5000); // Something like Thread.sleep(5000)
String responseBody = devTools.send(Network.getResponseBody(id[0])).getBody();
// some operations on responseBody
devTools.clearListeners();
devTools.disconnectSession();
}
If I don't use 5 seconds wait id variable gets never assigned and I null pointer exception requestId is required. During these 5 seconds log.info prints all api calls that are happening and it almost always finds my id. I would like to refrain from static wait though. I am thinking about something similiar to maybe jQuery.active()==0, but my page doesn't use jQuery.