I am currently trying to make a small top-down RPG with grid movement. To simplify things, when i need to make something move one way, I use a RayCast2D Node and see if it collides, to know if i can move said thing. However, it does not seem to detect the walls ive placed until I am inside of them.
Ive already checked for collision layers, etc and they seem to be set up correctly. What have i done wrong ?
More info below :
Heres the code for the raycast check :
func is_path_obstructed_by_obstacle(x,y):
$Environment_Raycast.set_cast_to(Vector2(GameVariables.case_width * x * rayrange, GameVariables.case_height * y * rayrange))
return $Environment_Raycast.is_colliding()
My walls are from a TileMap, with collisions set up. Everything that uses collisions is on the default layer for now
Also heres the function that makes my character move :
func move():
var direction_vec = Vector2(0,0)
if Input.is_action_just_pressed("ui_right"):
direction_vec = Vector2(1,0)
if Input.is_action_just_pressed("ui_left"):
direction_vec = Vector2(-1,0)
if Input.is_action_just_pressed("ui_up"):
direction_vec = Vector2(0,-1)
if Input.is_action_just_pressed("ui_down"):
direction_vec = Vector2(0,1)
if not is_path_obstructed(direction_vec.x, direction_vec.y):
position += Vector2(GameVariables.case_width * direction_vec.x, GameVariables.case_height * direction_vec.y)
grid_position += direction_vec
return