I'm upgrading a system from ASP.NET Core 5 to 6. I've read the migration guide for the new "minimal hosting model".
The docs say the new way is preferred and recommended, but the old way is supported - so I don't need to change. They also state the old way is useful for "advanced" scenarios, without mentioning details.
There's lots of docs / blogs / SO questions about how to use the new way - but no mention of why. An "app in just four lines" is given as a reason, but that is insufficient cause to migrate a working system.
I'll upgrade to v6, but am undecided about the hosting model. How would I or my working production system benefit?
If you migrated a production system to the new hosting model, would you please share advice about whether it was worth it? What are the pros (and cons) of the new approach? Thanks!