Cannot open react native drawer by swipe or hamburger

Viewed 56

I'am playing around with React native but i can't get the Drawer to work.

I followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShUYQz9uJ5g Basically the navigation is working by using the navigation buttons, but i cannot open the drawer. Neither by swiping nor by touching the hamburger icon in the header.

I've read that i need to add this line to the top of my App.tsx, but this also doesn't help.

import 'react-native-gesture-handler';

My code is the same as this official Snack The snack is working, but not on my physical android phone.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

1 Answers

I am experiencing this same issue.

If by chance you do not need the swipe functionality you can set up you Drawer.Navigator like so with the useLegacyImplementation option

<Drawer.Navigator initialRouteName="Home" useLegacyImplementation>

This will make the hamburger button work.

I'm trying to figure out why the swiping won't work. I've tried implemented 'animated 2' but still no luck

Related