I have a quick question about Visual Studio 2022 Community and Git. So I am totally new to Git and I have not used it before. I don't have a Github account either and I don't plan on making one as of this moment.
I want to use Git as my version control since it comes with Visual Studio 2022 Community. However, I don't want commits of my code to be uploaded to the Github website. I want to keep all my code and all my commits on my computer, locally.
I see that I can create a Git repository locally in Visual Studio like this:
As a test, I created a Git repository according to the image above, but when I try to commit my change, Visual Studio 2022 prevents me from committing my change unless I enter my username and e-mail address. Why would Git require that I enter an e-mail address, if all the commits are done locally on my computer?
So my question is, if I create a Git repository locally on computer according to the image above, will my code or commits be uploaded to the internet? I don't want my code or commits to be uploaded to the internet, I want to keep all my code and commits on my own computer, privately. The fact that I have to enter an e-mail address to make the commit locally on my computer is all the more confusing, since it should just be a local repository on my computer (sorry, my question may appear to be obvious to seasoned users of Git, but I am totally new to Git and the e-mail requirement makes it seem like my code & commits may be uploaded to the internet, so I am just double checking).
