Visual studio code C++ : how to display types and address in watches/locals

Viewed 211

I recently switched to Visual Studio Code for C++ programming.

I'm now facing a rather nasty bug (some accesses to freed memory), so I need to look more into detail into what is where in memory.

It would help a lot if when debugging, in the watches/locals, I could display the type and address of variables "automatically". Do you know if there is some solution?

For now, for the addresses, I found I can create a new watch with "&my_variable", but that's quite time consuming if I have to do it for every variable. It would be nicer if it could be always displayed, or at least if there were an option like "left click/display address". If you have a solution working for just objects and/or arrays, it would already be a big step forwards.

PS : platform : linux(xubuntu 20.4); visual code studio v1.66.0 ; debugger : gdb

0 Answers
Related