I am learning Spring MVC and I am following a tutorial on Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2b-NbR48Jo&ab_channel=Telusko.I wanted to display a page that can multiply 2 numbers and return the result. Before that, I just want to print something to see whether these is an error. I have done exactly same as the tutorial but I still got the errors. I have been searching for the solution for many hours yet I can't find a way to solve my problem.
I am using Eclipse IDE ,apache tomcat 8.0
Here the web.xml
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
"-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
"http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd" >
<web-app>
<display-name>Archetype Created Web Application</display-name>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>viktor</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>viktor</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
</web-app>
index.jsp
<html>
<body>
<form action="multiply">
<input type="text" name="n1"><br>
<input type="text" name="n2"><br>
<input type="submit">
</form>
</body>
</html>
viktor-servlet.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
xmlns:ctx="http://www.springframework.org/schema/context"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns:mvc="http://www.springframework.org/schema/mvc"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd
http://www.springframework.org/schema/mvc
http://www.springframework.org/schema/mvc/spring-mvc-3.0.xsd
http://www.springframework.org/schema/context
http://www.springframework.org/schema/context/spring-context-2.5.xsd
">
<ctx:annotation-config></ctx:annotation-config>
<ctx:component-scan base-package="com.viktor"></ctx:component-scan>
</beans>
pom.xml
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<groupId>com.viktor</groupId>
<artifactId>DemoMVC</artifactId>
<packaging>war</packaging>
<version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
<name>DemoMVC Maven Webapp</name>
<url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>junit</groupId>
<artifactId>junit</artifactId>
<version>3.8.1</version>
<scope>test</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-context</artifactId>
<version>4.1.8.RELEASE</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
<artifactId>spring-webmvc</artifactId>
<version>4.1.8.RELEASE</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>mysql</groupId>
<artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
<version>5.1.36</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
<artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
<version>1.2</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
<build>
<finalName>DemoMVC</finalName>
</build>
</project>
MultiplyController.java
package com.viktor;
import org.springframework.stereotype.Controller
import org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.RequestMapping
@Controller
public class MultiplyController {
@RequestMapping("/multiply")
public String cnm() {
//System.out.println("adsasd");
return "display.jsp";
}
}
display.jsp
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<meta charset="ISO-8859-1">
<title>Insert title here</title>
</head>
<body>
im here
</body>
</html>

