I am trying to validate a string the way it is done in Jira in Javascript. I'm trying to replicate how it is validated in Jira. I am guessing I could do this with Regex but I am not sure how.
A user can type a string in the format of "1d 6h 30m" which would mean 1 day, 6 hours, 30 minutes. I do not need the weeks for my use case. I want to show an error if the user uses an invalid character (anything except 'd','h','m', or ' '). Also the string must separate the time durations by spaces and ideally I would like to force the user to enter the time durations in descending order meaning '6h 1d' would be invalid because the days should come first. Also the user does not have to enter all information so '30m' would be valid.
This is my code for getting the days, hours and minutes which seems to work. I just need help with the validation part.
let time = '12h 21d 30m'; //example
let times = time.split(' ');
let days = 0;
let hours = 0;
let min = 0;
for(let i = 0; i < times.length; i++) {
if (times[i].includes('d')){
days = times[i].split('d')[0];
}
if (times[i].includes('h')){
hours = times[i].split('h')[0];
}
if (times[i].includes('m')){
min = times[i].split('m')[0];
}
}
console.log(days);
console.log(hours);
console.log(min);
