I am trying to understand how to map IANA timezones to Windows timezones. I did see various posts on here about TimeZoneConverter and I started to use it. However, there is one question which I did not find an answer for:
Since Window to IANA timezones are a one-to-many, if we convert from IANA to Windows, is there a chance that the actual offset and DST flag might be wrong. For example, is there a situatation where a Windows timezone covers 2 hours of time while IANA has two different timezones for each of those hours (of the two). This way if we take the IANA for the second hour and convert it to Windows timezone, the actual offset would be different/changes.
It is less important for us to be able to map from IANA -> Windows and then back to IANA to get same timezone name. It is very important that when we do the re-mapping, the actual offsets and DST flags do not change.
Thank you