I register a service as Singleton in the program.cs file like this.
builder.Services.AddSingleton<ITest, Test>();
and if I request an instance of it in program.cs
var testService = builder.Services.BuildServiceProvider()
.GetRequiredService<ITest>();
It creates a new object which is the first object, but when I request it through constructor injection in some other service it creates a new object again. Shouldn't it return the first object that it created while startup in Program.cs?
Note : This behavior is only if I request service in the program.cs other than that it returns the same object, even if I request it using IServiceProvider.GetRequiredService();
i have tested the same scenario in dot net 5 web api as well in which i register the service in ConfigureServices method of Startu.cs file
services.AddSingleton<ITest, Test>();
and request the service in Configure method like this
var test = app.ApplicationServices.GetRequiredService<ITest>();
and when i request it in constructor in some other service it will return the same object.
Why?