I have a netcdf file of 10 years of gridded daily temperature data for the United States. I created a baseline period of just the first 5 years of data. I now want to find the 90th percentile for each day of that baseline period using all 5 years of data for each grid point (i.e. the 90th percentile of Jan 1, Jan 2, Jan 3, etc for every grid point). I tried applying the quantile function but don't think I'm using it correctly.
Here's what my dataset looks like:

and here's what my code looks like:
#import libraries
import pandas as pd
import numpy as np
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import xarray as xr
import requests
from datetime import date
#open NOAA gridded temperature netcdf file
df = xr.open_dataset('Tmax_1951-1960.nc')
#pull out maximum temperature variable
air=df.tmax
#select years up to and including 1955 for baseline period
Baseline=air[(air.time.dt.year <= 1955)]
#create year and day coordinates
Baseline['year']=Baseline.time.dt.year
Baseline['day']=Baseline.time.dt.strftime('%m-%d')
#calculate percentiles
Baseline['Percentile_90']=Baseline.quantile(0.9, dim='day')
But I get the error "ValueError: Dataset does not contain the dimensions: ['day']". How can I find the 90th percentile for each calendar day for each grid point?