Problems in IntelliJ since version 2022.1 / java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Viewed 3897

As of today, when I try to run some of my programs in IntelliJ today, this message was shown:

Executing pre-compile tasks...
Loading Ant configuration...
Running Ant tasks...
Running 'before' tasks
Checking sources
Finished, saving caches…
Module 'Listen' production: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/intellij/DynamicBundle
Executing post-compile tasks...
Loading Ant configuration...
Running Ant tasks...
Synchronizing output directories...
13.04.22, 14:54 - Build completed with 1 error and 0 warnings in 4 sec, 39 ms

This line is printed in red: Module 'Listen' production: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/intellij/DynamicBundle I don't really have too much of an idea where I should look for the problem. It seems to not have anything to do with the project itself. I already created a new Project and created a Hello World-program, which resulted in the same error. Remarkably, yesterday my IntelliJ IDEA version was updated to version 2022.1. Runtime version: 11.0.14.1+1-b2043.25 amd64 VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o. I have no idea either whether it has anything to do with the new version either.

I maintain another Project, which uses Scala language. That one is messed up even more:

Cannot process toolwindow sbt

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Missing implementation of resolved method 'abstract com.intellij.openapi.externalSystem.settings.AbstractExternalSystemSettings getSettings(com.intellij.openapi.project.Project)' of abstract class com.intellij.openapi.externalSystem.service.task.ui.AbstractExternalSystemToolWindowFactory.
    at com.intellij.openapi.externalSystem.service.task.ui.AbstractExternalSystemToolWindowFactory.shouldBeAvailable(AbstractExternalSystemToolWindowFactory.java:35)
    at com.intellij.toolWindow.ToolWindowSetInitializerKt.beanToTask(ToolWindowSetInitializer.kt:262)
    at com.intellij.toolWindow.ToolWindowSetInitializerKt.beanToTask(ToolWindowSetInitializer.kt:248)
    at com.intellij.toolWindow.ToolWindowSetInitializerKt.access$beanToTask(ToolWindowSetInitializer.kt:1)
    at com.intellij.toolWindow.ToolWindowSetInitializerKt$computeToolWindowBeans$1.accept(ToolWindowSetInitializer.kt:278)
    at com.intellij.toolWindow.ToolWindowSetInitializerKt$computeToolWindowBeans$1.accept(ToolWindowSetInitializer.kt)
    at com.intellij.openapi.extensions.impl.ExtensionPointImpl.processWithPluginDescriptor(ExtensionPointImpl.java:301)
    at com.intellij.toolWindow.ToolWindowSetInitializerKt.computeToolWindowBeans(ToolWindowSetInitializer.kt:274)
    at com.intellij.toolWindow.ToolWindowSetInitializer$1.get(ToolWindowSetInitializer.kt:101)
    at com.intellij.toolWindow.ToolWindowSetInitializer$1.get(ToolWindowSetInitializer.kt:83)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1700)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$PrivilegedThreadFactory$1$1.run(Executors.java:668)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$PrivilegedThreadFactory$1$1.run(Executors.java:665)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.Executors$PrivilegedThreadFactory$1.run(Executors.java:665)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:829)

Any advice?

Best Stapelüberläufer

4 Answers

I had the same problem after upgrading to Intellij 2022.1

For me, the fix came from Gen's answer. I also had an old Scala plugin, and just removed it as I'm not using it anymore.

If you are looking to upgrade it, go to File -> Settings -> Plugins. From there just hit Upgrade for the plugins you want. After that restart the IDE.

I found that Scala plugin was not updated and updating it to at least version 2022.1.13 fixed it for me.

I upgraded to Intellij 2022.1 and encountered this issue when trying to sync the old gradles projects that used to work for me :

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gradle/internal/impldep/com/google/common/collect/Lists

Cleaning the caches folder's content (Gradle_HOME/caches) resolved this issue for me

Make sure to also check that the SDK is correctly configured for your project (Java 17 by default) and the Gradle home is well specified in the Settings>Gradle section.

For info, I'm using Java 8 and Gradle 5.5.1 (yes I know :))

Just upgrade the Scala Plugin and its done!

Related