title is pretty much self explainatory, ssh connection is failing. I have the physical server right next to me, its under a vpn which is connected previous to the ssh.
It seems like the server is refusing the user/password pair, but it works just fine on a terminal on my computer.
The sshd_config file has PasswordAuthentication yes and i restarted the ssh service with service ssh restart.
Here is the workflow:
name: Deployment
on:
push:
branches: [ master ]
jobs:
deploy:
runs-on: ubuntu-20.04
steps:
- name: Set up WireGuard
uses: egor-tensin/setup-wireguard@v1
with:
endpoint: ${{ secrets.WIREGUARD_ENDPOINT }}
endpoint_public_key: ${{ secrets.WIREGUARD_ENDPOINT_PUBLIC_KEY }}
ips: ${{ secrets.SERVER_IP }}
allowed_ips: ${{ secrets.WIREGUARD_ALLOWED_IPS }}
private_key: ${{ secrets.WIREGUARD_PRIVATE_KEY }}
- name: Deploy to server
# don't run locally
if: ${{ !env.ACT }}
uses: appleboy/ssh-action@master
with:
host: ${{ secrets.SERVER_IP }}
username: ${{ secrets.SERVER_USERNAME }}
key: ${{ secrets.SERVER_PRIVATE_KEY }}
port: ${{ secrets.DEPLOY_PORT }}
script: |
cd ${{ secrets.PROJECT_PATH }}
git pull ${{secrets.REPO_URL}}
docker-compose down
docker-compose up --build -d
Edit: I noticed an Authentication error when not using sudo reseting the ssh service:

Edit2: I skipped PAM authentication, the restart works now but the ssh connection still doesn't.