In my laravel vue application I have two tables, user table and user_document table.
In my user_document table, I have a column called, added_by.
This column stores the ids of the users.
There are two roles in my app, admins and general users.
My users can upload documents to the system via vue component. Admin can upload documents for other users as well.
And users can view their already uploaded document details in a datatable.
In that datatable, I'm displaying a column called, Added By, which shows the users who uploaded the document(the user him self or by the admin).
I have following controller to fetch and display those records.
<?php
namespace App\Http\Controllers\Dashboard\Corporate\Employee;
use App\Company;
use App\Models\OtherDocument;
use App\User;
use Carbon\Carbon;
use Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Builder;
use Illuminate\Http\Request;
use App\Http\Controllers\Controller;
class CompanyEmployeeOtherDocumentsController extends Controller
{
/**
* @param string $locale
* @return \Illuminate\Http\JsonResponse
*/
public function index(string $locale, Company $company, User $user)
{
$otherDocuments = OtherDocument::where('user_id', $user->id)
->with('added_by_user')
->when(request('validity_status'), function ($query) {
$query->where(function ($query) {
$query->when( in_array('active', request('validity_status')), function ($query) {
$query->where(function (Builder $query) {
$query->whereDate('issued_at', '<=', Carbon::now())
->whereDate('expires_at', '>=', Carbon::now()->addMonth());
})->orWhere('is_valid_forever',1);
})->when( in_array('expires', request('validity_status')), function ($query) {
$query->orWhere(function (Builder $query) {
$query->whereDate('expires_at', '<=', Carbon::now()->addMonth())
->whereDate('expires_at', '>=', Carbon::now());
});
})->when( in_array('expired', request('validity_status')), function ($query) {
$query->orWhereDate('expires_at', '<', Carbon::now());
});
});
})
->when(request('search_text'), function ($query) {
$query->where('name', 'like', '%' . request('search_text') . '%');
})
->paginate(request('per_page',config('statguru.pagination.limit')));
for ($i=0; $i < count($otherDocuments); $i++) {
$addedByUser = $otherDocuments[$i]->added_by_user;
if ($addedByUser) {
$otherDocuments[$i]['added_user_name'] = $addedByUser->first_name . ' ' . $addedByUser->last_name;
}
}
return response()->json($otherDocuments);
}
}
And in my vue component I have following header array,
HeaderArray() {
return [
{text: 'Certificate', value: 'certificate'},
{text: 'Added by', value: 'added_by_user_name'},
{text: 'Institute', value: 'institute'},
{text: 'Expiration', value: 'valid_date', classList: 'text-center'},
{text: 'Validity', value: 'validity_status', classList: 'text-center'},
{text: 'Verification', value: 'verification_status', classList: 'text-center'},
];
},
This whole solution works perfectly.
But now instead of using this for loop
for ($i=0; $i < count($otherDocuments); $i++) {
$addedByUser = $otherDocuments[$i]->added_by_user;
if ($addedByUser) {
$otherDocuments[$i]['added_user_name'] = $addedByUser->first_name . ' ' . $addedByUser->last_name;
}
}
I'm trying to get the same result via eloquent
->with(['added_by_user' => function($q){
$q->select('first_name', 'last_name');
}])
When I replace the for loop with this, it does not show me the Added by user's first name.... Where do I need to change in the eloquent to fetch that data correctly?
I'm using laravel 9
Update
I have updated my code according to the Malkhazi Dartsmelidze answer below.
Yet I am not being able to display the name on the datatable.
Following is my updated controller,
<?php
namespace App\Http\Controllers\Dashboard\Corporate\Employee;
use App\Company;
use App\Models\OtherDocument;
use App\User;
use Carbon\Carbon;
use Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Builder;
use Illuminate\Support\Facades\DB;
use Illuminate\Http\Request;
use App\Http\Controllers\Controller;
class CompanyEmployeeOtherDocumentsController extends Controller
{
/**
* @param string $locale
* @return \Illuminate\Http\JsonResponse
*/
public function index(string $locale, Company $company, User $user)
{
$otherDocuments = OtherDocument::where('user_id', $user->id)
->with(['added_by_user' => function($q){
$q->select('id', DB::raw('CONCAT(first_name, " ", last_name) as added_user_name'));
}])
->when(request('validity_status'), function ($query) {
$query->where(function ($query) {
$query->when( in_array('active', request('validity_status')), function ($query) {
$query->where(function (Builder $query) {
$query->whereDate('issued_at', '<=', Carbon::now())
->whereDate('expires_at', '>=', Carbon::now()->addMonth());
})->orWhere('is_valid_forever',1);
})->when( in_array('expires', request('validity_status')), function ($query) {
$query->orWhere(function (Builder $query) {
$query->whereDate('expires_at', '<=', Carbon::now()->addMonth())
->whereDate('expires_at', '>=', Carbon::now());
});
})->when( in_array('expired', request('validity_status')), function ($query) {
$query->orWhereDate('expires_at', '<', Carbon::now());
});
});
})
->when(request('search_text'), function ($query) {
$query->where('name', 'like', '%' . request('search_text') . '%');
})
->paginate(request('per_page',config('statguru.pagination.limit')));
return response()->json($otherDocuments);
}
}
and following is the vue header array,
HeaderArray() {
return [
{text: 'Certificate', value: 'certificate'},
{text: 'Added by', value: 'added_user_name'},
{text: 'Institute', value: 'institute'},
{text: 'Expiration', value: 'valid_date', classList: 'text-center'},
{text: 'Validity', value: 'validity_status', classList: 'text-center'},
{text: 'Verification', value: 'verification_status', classList: 'text-center'},
];
},
And following is the data I recieve
{
"id": 6,
"user_id": 941,
"added_by": 869,
"name": "driving licence",
"issued_at": "2022-04-06T22:00:00.000000Z",
"expires_at": "2022-04-29T22:00:00.000000Z",
"is_valid_forever": 0,
"document_url": null,
"document_number": null,
"file_name": "6-driving-licence.pdf",
"url": "users/941/other-documents/6-driving-licence.pdf",
"status": "EXPIRES",
"created_at": "2022-04-07T03:39:47.000000Z",
"updated_at": "2022-04-07T03:39:47.000000Z",
"deleted_at": null,
"expires_at_formatted": "30-04-2022",
"validity_status": "EXPIRES",
"remaining_days": 18,
"added_by_user": {
"id": 869,
"added_user_name": "Satya Nadella",
"country_code": null,
"formatted_date_of_birth": "2022-04-11",
"name": " ",
"company_role": "admin",
"profile_image": [
{
"url": "/img/statguru-user.png"
}
],
"inviter_user": "",
"country": null,
"media": [
]
}
},