How to display only filtered data range in data validation rule in Google sheet

Viewed 257

I have a table with two sheets. The first (Records) records the players from the form and a filter is performed here to determine the team (1 or 2 or 3) also.

The second table (Players) will perform calculations for individual players (one row for one player). In the first column, I will select a player using a dropdown. The problem is that all players are in the dropdown. I need the filtered ones (eg team 1 and 3). Can anyone help me? Thanks

Example sheet here

Update: I'll apply a filter to the team first. E.g. 1 and 2 in the Records table. Then select the winner in the Players sheet (from the filtered list 1 and 2), then select the loser from the same filtered list, but there will not be the player I just selected as the winner. enter image description here

2 Answers

You may use a filter() function where you create a dynamic dropdown based on the team number you select. I have included an example where you can select a combo of a few team numbers together. If you choose only team 1 and leave the other two dropdowns blank (yellow), it will only show the names from team 1.

Dynamic Dropdown Sample

enter image description here

enter image description here

Related