Fast interprocess communication in C# (for Windows X86-64)

Viewed 205

Yet another question from C++ guy digging under C#.

This time its inter-process communication.
So in C++ you can use boost interprocess's memory mapped files for instance and it will end up being fast and robust.

C# gives this options. I want to know which one is the fastest. For instances I dig a little into File mapping and apparently it only gives you a higher level interaction over the memory region through MemporyMappedViewAccessor. So I have 2 questions.

  1. Is there a way to create a mapped region using File Mapping then get a byte* or void* to that memory and directly read/write? (Which I only assume will be faster than MemporyMappedViewAccessor. Pretty much what boost IPC lets you do)
  2. If the answer to #1 is no, which one from this list will be faster? (Assuming single producer and single consumer processes)
1 Answers
Related