Error saving credentials: error storing credentials - err: exit status 1, out: `error getting credentials - err: exit status 1

Viewed 5140

I have Ubuntu 20.04 and I have tried using docker login to log in in terminal, but got:

docker login Login with your Docker ID to push and pull images from Docker Hub. If you don't have a Docker ID, head over to https://hub.docker.com to create one. Username: sfelshtyn Password: Error saving credentials: error storing credentials - err: exit status 1, out: error getting credentials - err: exit status 1, out: no usernames for https://index.docker.io/v1/``

I read the following sources to solve my problem, but none of them helped:
https://github.com/docker/docker-credential-helpers/issues/140
Docker push Error saving credentials: error storing credentials - err: exit status 1, out: `not implemented`

Then I switched to official docker documentation and found that I didn't go through the сredentials management process during docker installation.
I did a few steps: (You can find here: https://docs.docker.com/desktop/linux/)

  1. gpg --generate-key
  2. ...

After that I tried again docker login. I passed my personal data and it worked for me. I solved my issue.

2 Answers

Solution is in my question:

Duplicate info ->

I read the following sources to solve my problem, but none of them helped: https://github.com/docker/docker-credential-helpers/issues/140 Docker push Error saving credentials: error storing credentials - err: exit status 1, out: not implemented

Then I switched to official docker documentation and found that I didn't go through the сredentials management process during docker installation. I did a few steps: (You can find here: https://docs.docker.com/desktop/linux/)

gpg --generate-key ... After that I tried again docker login. I passed my personal data and it worked for me. I solved my issue.

When you run the gpg command. Then while running the pass init command, pass the pub key generated on the the output of gpg command.

$ pass init <pub key from gpg command>

Related