In my workplace I've been told by my supervisor to use autoloaders instead of using many import statements since it's slow! First of all, based on my research there are no performance benefits of doing so and secondly(I'm using js modules, and we are not talking about bundles), I can't think of any good reasons for doing such thing.
The way my imports work now are:
Imagine we import a.mjs like so ->
import '/js/components/a.mjs'
The route /js/ is a rule that redirects to my root of static js files, so I don't even need to use relative paths.
Is it bad practice? If there is something that I'm missing anything please tell me; I've done my research and didn't find any reasons to use autoloaders with js modules.
An actual example for you to see:
Flask route rule:
@app.route('/js/<path:filename>')
def js(filename):
return send_from_directory(Path(app.root_path).parent.absolute().joinpath("static\\js"), filename)
and in my js files:
import {View} from "/js/common.mjs";
import Spinner from "/js/components/spinner.mjs";
import RecommendedTripsSlider from "/js/components/recommended-trips-slider.mjs";
import TripsSlider from "/js/components/trips-slider.mjs";
import Blogs from "/js/components/blogs.mjs";
Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.