Quick Nimble ios test not running

Viewed 658

I'm trying to use Quick & Nimble to test a project but the test is never executed.

I've created a project from scratch using File->New->Project in Xcode. The project is called "MyApp". Then I created a UnitTest target testing "MyApp".

I've added the following Podfile:

use_frameworks!
inhibit_all_warnings!

target 'MyApp' do
  # Pods for Test
  target "MyAppTests" do
  
      pod 'Quick'
      pod 'Nimble'
    end
end

I ran "pod install" and everything went well.

Then, I've created a test file:

import Quick
import Nimble
@testable import MyApp

class TestSpec: QuickSpec {

    override func spec() {
        describe("Describe test") {
            context("Context test") {
                it("Assertion") {
                    expect("toto") == "tata"
                }
            }
        }
    }

}

Then I ran the test. I expected my test to fail but actually: nothing. It's never executed. Do you guys have any idea why?

Thanks a lot.

2 Answers

Quick/Nimble test has a related bug for Xcode 13.3. I tested both 13.3 and 13.2.1 and only 13.2.1 can run Nimble tests. Might have to wait for the fix to be merged.

The bug mentioned here is already fixed, but what I found out is that default version of Quick being installed is 4.0.0. That is unless you tell it a minimum version desired, like this:

pod 'Quick', '~> 5.0.1'

This version has the xcode13.3.1 + Nimble bug fixed.

Related