So, after a lot of Googling and tests on my side, I cannot figure out if this is even possible (kind of a newbie here with oidc + cognito + salesforce).
I have a need to authenticate my users via SSO with Salesforce as an identity provider. Then, I need to query for that specific user's information via Salesforce API. I want to avoid an extra oauth flow if possible since theoretically I have my users logged in already.
The scenario is:
- I have configured Cognito with Salesforce as my identity provider via Open ID Connect.
- I managed to perform the auth flow correctly and I end with a code that I can exchange for an
id_token,access_tokenand arefresh_tokenfrom cognito's/oauth2/tokenendpoint. - Now the question is IF I can use the JWT tokens I got from cognito to query Salesforce API.
I can elaborate and provide sample configuration if needed. Thanks a lot for any help on this :)
