Good evening,
I want to resample on an irregular time series with column of type object but it does not work
Here is my sample data:
Actual start date Ingredients NumberShortage
2002-01-01 LEVOBUNOLOL HYDROCHLORIDE 1
2006-07-30 LEVETIRACETAM 1
2008-03-19 FLAVOXATE HYDROCHLORIDE 1
2010-01-01 LEVOTHYROXINE SODIUM 1
2011-04-01 BIMATOPROST 1
I tried to re-sample my data frame daily but it does not work with my code which is as follows:
df3 = df1.resample('D', on='Actual start date').sum()
and here is what it gives:
Actual start date NumberShortage
2002-01-01 1
2002-01-02 0
2002-01-03 0
2002-01-04 0
2002-01-05 0
and what I want as a result:
Actual start date Ingredients NumberShortage
2002-01-01 LEVOBUNOLOL HYDROCHLORIDE 1
2002-01-02 NAN 0
2002-01-03 NAN 0
2002-01-04 NAN 0
2002-01-05 NAN 0
Any ideas?
details on the data
So I use an excel file which contains several attributes before it is a csv file (this file can be downloaded from this site web https://www.drugshortagescanada.ca/search?perform=0 ) then I group by 'Actual start date' and 'Ingredients'to obtain 'NumberShortage'
and here is the source code:
import pandas as pd
df = pd.read_excel("Data/Data.xlsx")
df = df.dropna(how='any')
df = df.groupby(['Actual start date','Ingredients']).size().reset_index(name='NumberShortage')
finally after having applied your source code here is the eureur which gives me :
and here is the sample excel file :
Brand name Company Name Ingredients Actual start date
ACETAMINOPHEN PHARMASCIENCE INC ACETAMINOPHEN CODEINE 2017-03-23
PMS-METHYLPHENIDATE ER PHARMASCIENCE INC METHYLPHENIDATE 2017-03-28
