my problem is, that I have a table which should update everytime when the user chooses something from a dropdown component. The problem now is that my table updates "too late" in the frontend. So when the user chooses an option for the first time nothing will happen. Then when the user chooses an option for the second time from the dropdown component, the table will show the data from the option he has picked before. If the user chooses an option for the 3rd time, the table will show the data from the second one and so on. So how can I fix this? I work with ReactJS and Semantic UI
My Code: This renders the Row for the existing data
renderTableData() {
return this.state.songs.map((song, index) => {
const { id, nr, songname, link } = song
return (
<Table.Row key={id}>
<Table.Cell>{nr}</Table.Cell>
<Table.Cell>{songname}</Table.Cell>
<Table.Cell>{link}</Table.Cell>
</Table.Row>
)
})
}
The Code in the main render() function of React (Its shown correctly, expect that the data is "outdated":
`<Table>
<Table.Header>
<Table.Row>
<Table.HeaderCell width={1}>Nr</Table.HeaderCell>
<Table.HeaderCell width={2}>Songname</Table.HeaderCell>
<Table.HeaderCell width={1}>Link</Table.HeaderCell>
</Table.Row>
</Table.Header>
{this.renderTableData()}
</Table>`
The code when the option from the dropdown gets changed:
onChangeDropdown(e) {
this.setState({game: e.target.textContent}, ()=>{
this.state.songs.length = 0;
for(var i = 0; i< this.state.musicData.length;i++){
if(this.state.musicData[i].game == this.state.game){
for(var j = 0; j<this.state.musicData[i].songs.length;j++){
this.state.songs.push({id: j+1, nr: j+1, songname: this.state.musicData[i].songs[j].name, link: this.state.musicData[i].songs[j].link})
}
break;
}
}
this.renderTableData()
})
}
The game variable in this.setState is correct and also the for-loop works as expected when the user changes the dropdown option, I already checked it with the debugger
I hope you can help me out there, ty