In my understanding, VkPhysicalDevice represents an implementation of Vulkan, which could be represented as a GPU and its drivers. We are supposed to record commands with VkCommandBuffers and send them through queues to, potentially, multithread the work we send to the gpu. That is why I understand the fact there can be multiple queues. I understand as well that QueueFamilies groups queues depending on the features they can do (the extensions available for them e.g. presentation, as well as graphics computations, transfer, etc).
However, if a GPU is able to do Graphics work, why are there queues unable to do so? I heard that using queues with less features could be faster, but why? What is a queue concretely? Is it only tied to vulkan implementation? Or is it related to hardware specific things?
I just don't understand why queues with different features exist, and even after searching through the Vulkan doc, StackOverflow, vulkan-tutorial and vkguide, the only thing I found was "Queues in Vulkan are an “execution port” for GPUs.", which I don't really understand and on which I can't find anything on google.
Thank you in advance for your help!