I have a maven project that I can no longer get to build:
mvn clean compile
ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.10.1:compile (default-compile) on project dise_java: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /home/jeffemandel/springdise/dise_java/src/main/java/org/jeffmandel/springdise/CSPNonceFilter.java:[1,1] cannot access org.jeffmandel.springdise
[ERROR] ZIP file can't be opened as a file system because an entry has a '.' or '..' element in its name
CSPNonceFilter is the first file encountered, otherwise, nothing special, but the first line is:
package org.jeffmandel.springdise;
I've updated JDK and maven to the latest versions, deleted my ~/.m2/repository and rebuilt it without success. Being desperate, I started commenting out dependencies in my POM, and found a single dependency that would cause the failure:
<dependency>
<groupId>org.webjars.npm</groupId>
<artifactId>vega</artifactId>
<version>5.21.0</version>
</dependency>
Now I've had vega in my POM for some time, and it's a webjar, so why javac would care is beyond me. I can certainly work around this, but having killed a day on this, I want to understand. Thoughts?

