Central Path to store Pandoc Writer

Viewed 62

I have written a custom writer for pandoc in lua, say mywriter.lua.

Is there a central path I can store it in my machine, so that I can invoke pandoc with -t mywriter.lua in order to use my custom writer, regardless from the directory I run this command?

For templates, I know I can use usr/share/pandoc/data/templates, as pandoc will look for templates in that directory if it could not resolve the reference to a template locally. Is there something similar for custom writers?

I have looked through the documentation and searched the internet, but I didn't find an answer. I also tried to guess a path. The following paths did not work:

  • /usr/share/pandoc/mywriter.lua
  • /usr/share/pandoc/data/mywriter.lua
  • /usr/share/pandoc/data/templates/mywriter.lua
  • ~/.pandoc/mywriter.lua
  • ~/.pandoc/templates/mywriter.lua
  • ~/.local/share/pandoc/mywriter.lua
  • ~/.local/share/pandoc/filters/mywriter.lua
  • ~/.local/share/pandoc/defaults/mywriter.lua

If this is relevant, I work on an Ubuntu machine.

1 Answers

It seems there is no way in current Pandoc version (2.18) . After lots of investigations (and completing your list of dead-ends) I opened a Pandoc issue

Related