Where does Postman store current value of environment variables?

Viewed 311

I've been looking around my machine to see where the postman environment variables are stored. I've looked under AppData\Local\Postman, and C:\Users\username\Postman folders, and haven't found a config file that has a last modified date matching my change of environment variables.

I know I can export the environment variables, but I want to search over the current variables. And the exports don't include the current values, unless they replace the initial value, which I want to keep.

There are still ways to get around this. But I want to write a simple command to fetch some current environment variables via cmd, ex using grep.

So is there a way to check for the current environment variables? Where are they stored?

1 Answers

I don't think this will be a successful attempt. Postman seems to use a database, e.g. leveldb, according to information I found here. That will be stored as a binary file on your disk.

You can, however, have a look into the DB by going to View => Developer => Show DevTools and then going to Storage => IndexedDB => variable_sessions => workspace. I can find a current value for an environment variable like this:

enter image description here

But I don't see a way to search in this other than by keys which are uuids and not variable names or values.

All in all, exporting your environments into a text file might be the easiest option.

Related