codepen: https://codepen.io/cnelson720/pen/bGaYNBw
I'm trying to emulate the style of the Mac calculator. https://ibb.co/r5FRx56 original is on the left, mine is on the right.
I am trying to get the inset box-shadow to appear above the buttons.
I've tried messing with z-index, as well as giving it the required position properties, no luck so far
.calculator{
margin: auto;
margin-top: 35vh;
height: 325px;
width: 235px;
border-radius: 10px;
/*
border: 0.1px solid black;
*/
box-shadow: 0px 10px 25px rgb(80, 80, 80);
background: var(--bg-color);
}
.border{
z-index: 1;
border-radius: 10px;
border: 0.1px solid black;
box-shadow: inset 0px 0px 2px white;
}
.buttons{
display: grid;
grid-template-columns: repeat(4, 1fr);
row-gap: 1px;
column-gap: 1px;
}
.btn{
background: var(--li-btn);
border: none;
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
height: 47px;
color: white;
font-size: 1.4rem;
}
I tried giving an inset box-shadow to an element within the calculator div. I was hoping to give it a z-index of 1 so that this inset box-shadow appears above everything else within the div (above the buttons)