I wanted to group the number of shop but i am not sure what is the syntax to create a group that is not exist in the table. I wanted the output to be like this
Group | Number of items
1 | XXX
2 | XXX
Group 1 would have number of items that is less than 10 while group 2 would have item that is more than 10.I have the data for the number of items, but I need to create the group number and I am not sure how. Thank you in advance.
Way I have tried:
SELECT
case when b.item_stock < 10 then count(a.shopid) else null end as Group_1,
case when b.item_stock >= 10 or b.item_stock < 100 then count(a.shopid) else null end as Group_2
FROM `table_a` a
left join `table_b` b
on a.id= b.id
where registration_time between "2017-01-01" and "2017-05-31"
group by b.item_stock
LIMIT 1000
