I'm trying to install a few packages (beautifulsoup4 and requests) for a project.
I installed these packages by running these commands in the terminal on macOS:
pip3 install beautifulsoup4
pip3 install requests
both did install successfully.
Now if I open my project in PyCharm, I can import the modules by using:
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
import requests
Both packages are imported successfully and can be used in my code.
To be sure everything was installed correctly, I looked at the venv/lib/Python3.10 folder. beautifulsoup4-4.10.0.dist-info, bs4, requests and requests-2.27.1.dist-info are present.
However, when I run the CGI script (Python), I get the following error in the terminal:
from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'bs4'
Even when I open a new terminal window and run the following commands:
python3
>>> from bs4 import BeautifulSoup
it runs fine without any errors.
The same issue happens for the requests package.
I also ran pip3 install bs4 but that also didn't fix anything.