I have a working world projection using D3 geoOrthographic and topoJSON. It rotates and everything.
I wanted to place a hexagon shape at a coordinate and projected according to its place on the globe, which works... except my shape is really weird. I get a 5-sided shape, like one of the points is just missing, that rotates properly with the globe.
And then also a circle around the edge of the globe that does not rotate.
I have a function that throws out hexagon coordinates, I've tried with several scales and offsets, always the exact same behavior.
let hex = svgOrbit.append("path")
.datum({"type":"GeometryCollection","geometries":[{"type":"Polygon","coordinates":[[[6.732,6],[5,7],[3.268,6],[3.268,4],[5,3],[6.732,4]]]}]})
.attr("d", myGeoOrthographicProjection);
The circle looks like that no matter how I rotate, the trying-to-hexagon orients as desired sans that missing point.
The path does show a d attr with these two separate polygons.
I just plain don't understand what's happening here. There aren't even any weird numbers, like a zero or NaN or anything in the coordinates. The entire planet projects correctly, but a hexagon throws it for a loop?
