I have a GKE Cluster current scaled upto multiple nodes, the scale up happened during high load due to a DDOS attack on our services , but now the cluster is unable to scale down due to redis-master and redis-slave, this is ending up costing alot of overhead costs that has become an issue for us now.
The autoscale down shows the error: no.scale.down.node.pod.has.local.storage. I have seen in multiple answers setting the option cluster-autoscaler.kubernetes.io/safe-to-evict to true should solve the issue (GCP Suggests the same) but before i do that i want to know if doing so and scaling down redis-slave instances can cause any data loss? Any suggestion for this would be ideal as currently we are paying over 2x of what is needed.
I also checked the config as well , and i saw there are volumes the redis-master and redis-slaves under volumes and the config yaml also has that as :
volumeClaimTemplates:
- apiVersion: v1
kind: PersistentVolumeClaim
metadata:
creationTimestamp: null
labels:
app: redis
component: master
heritage: Tiller
release: prod-redis
name: redis-data
spec:
accessModes:
- ReadWriteOnce
resources:
requests:
storage: 20Gi
volumeMode: Filesystem