Events in week view in react-big-calendar are not shown with ellipsis

Viewed 720

I have opened a GitHub issue for this problem on the repository here https://github.com/jquense/react-big-calendar/issues/2139.

Basically, the events names in week view are not truncated and they appear in a weird way as shown in the below screenshots.

Note that the event starting with Play is not truncated and a part of it appears in next line.

enter image description here

After applying the ellipsis style to the second last event at the bottom. Now the events appears okay.

enter image description here

I have figured that the .rbc-ellipsis class is not applied to the events in week view but not sure how to fix it in the code.

1 Answers

I am not absolutely positive, but I believe the thinking (of the original development team) was that events displayed in the TimeGrid views could be a variety of sizes, depending on the time span of the event, and that if you needed something specialized you could always supply a custom Event component for a particular View. I use one (custom) that does have ellipsis, when needed, and also expands the event on mouseover, and back on mouseout, plus a whole different layout according to the data.

Related