Package react-native-webview has been ignored because it contains invalid configuration

Viewed 1138

here is the version Old Version => "react-native-webview": "^11.17.2", New Version => "react-native-webview": "^11.18.0"

I am using webview to render html but it requires or depend on an other lib

react-native-test-app

here is the warning I got


warn Package react-native-webview has been ignored because it contains invalid configuration. Reason: Cannot find module 'react-native-test-app/package.json'

Require stack:

  • /Volumes/companyData/Meta_Quiz_App_ReactNative/node_modules/react-native-webview/react-native.config.js
  • /Volumes/companyData/Meta_Quiz_App_ReactNative/node_modules/import-fresh/index.js
  • /Volumes/companyData/Meta_Quiz_App_ReactNative/node_modules/cosmiconfig/dist/loaders.js
  • /Volumes/companyData/Meta_Quiz_App_ReactNative/node_modules/cosmiconfig/dist/createExplorer.js
  • /Volumes/companyData/Meta_Quiz_App_ReactNative/node_modules/cosmiconfig/dist/index.js
  • /Volumes/companyData/Meta_Quiz_App_ReactNative/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/tools/config/readConfigFromDisk.js
  • /Volumes/companyData/Meta_Quiz_App_ReactNative/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/tools/config/index.js
  • /Volumes/companyData/Meta_Quiz_App_ReactNative/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/commands/install/install.js
  • /Volumes/companyData/Meta_Quiz_App_ReactNative/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/commands/index.js
  • /Volumes/companyData/Meta_Quiz_App_ReactNative/node_modules/@react-native-community/cli/build/index.js
  • /Volumes/companyData/Meta_Quiz_App_ReactNative/node_modules/react-native/cli.js

when I install this

npm i react-native-test-app

then its work fine for android but for ios it causing pods issue. if I go back to old version it is still exists. Thanks in advance please waiting for your help

3 Answers

Seems like version 11.18.0 is buggy and this issue provokes problems on the linking. The recomendation for now is to downgrade 11.17.2, you can read more at their git repo related issues & 2430

11.18.0 This version doesn't work very well.

11.17.2 This version doesn't work very well.

I use 11.15.0

yarn remove react-native-webview

yarn add react-native-webview@11.15.0

cd ios

pod install

Yarn Version List

Related