Flutter push notification when app is closed

Viewed 4632

I want to have a push notification when the app is closed but I don't know how to do it.

I already tried firebase cloud messaging, it worked but the notification took around 3 to 5 min to come, but I need it instantly. I tried pushy.me, it works very well when the app is openned or in background but not when it's closed. And I didn't find anything in their documentation talking about closed apps. Maybe I can do something with flutter local notification and an API?

2 Answers

This problem happens for me when the app is built in debug mode

When I build the app in release mode, I don't have this issue

This article mentioned below had got 25k+ views so far. For Push notification working in background as well as in Foreground in Flutter follow this. And for redirecting it to some page follow this.

Related