Obfuscar not work in azure-devops pipeline

Viewed 153

I tried obfuscation of my c# dll with 'Obfuscar' with following variables

<Var name="InPath" valur="."/>
<Var name="OutPath" value="..\Obfuscated" />
<Var name="KeepPublicApi" value="true" />
<Var name="HidePrivateApi" value="true" /> 
<Module file="*.dll" /> 

I want to keep public method to using this dll in other project.

and those variables are well work on my PC.

I can see the obfuscated private methods through the dotPeek.

So, I pushed my solution to repository of Azure-DevOps with pipelines to publishing artifacts of build result

But, when I download the published dll. It's not obfuscated!!

To checking the process, I tried to obfuscation also public method like follow

<Var name="InPath" valur="."/>
<Var name="OutPath" value="..\Obfuscated" />
<Var name="KeepPublicApi" value="false" />
<Var name="HidePrivateApi" value="true" /> 
<Module file="*.dll" /> 

It is well work!! I got fully obfuscated dll

Problem is I can't using this fully obfuscated dll in the other project......because of obfuscated public method.

Summary:

  • What I want?

-> dll obfuscated only private methods through the azure-devops pipeline


-> Because I want to using it in the other project


  • What I used?

-> 'Obfuscar' package on Visual studio


-> Variables: KeepPublicApi = true, HidePrivateApi = true


  • Situation

-> Well work on local PC


-> Not work on azure-devops pipeline
- Variables: KeepPublicApi = true, HidePrivateApi = true -> not obfuscated

   - Variables: KeepPublicApi = false, HidePrivateApi = true   -\> well obfuscated

Please help me to get obfuscated dll through the azure-devops pipeline which can be usable in the other project

It is ok to suggest any other tools can be used in the azure-devops pipeline

0 Answers
Related