I would like to have a 5px margin around each of my divs but when I add it in CSS, there is a 5px margin on every side except for in between the divs and on the bottom. The two divs also overflow off the page on the bottom. I understand this is because of the 5px margin on top pushing the divs off screen. I am unsure how to make it just add the margin all around and shrink the divs accordingly.
* {
box-sizing: border-box;
margin: 0;
}
html {
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
}
body {
background: black;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
position: relative;
overflow: hidden;
}
.one {
background: red;
position: absolute;
width: 10%;
height: 100%;
left: 0;
border: 3px solid green;
border-radius: 5px;
margin: 5px;
}
.two {
background: blue;
position: absolute;
width: 90%;
height: 100%;
right: 0;
border: 3px solid green;
border-radius: 5px;
margin: 5px;
}
<div class="one">
</div>
<div class="two">
</div>
Resulting Page
Divs pushed off screen on bottom and no margin in-between divs. 5px margin on top, left, and right is present.
I am new to HTML and CSS so any helps greatly appreciated.
