Power BI Conditional Formatting "Based on Field" List is Empty

Viewed 710

I am trying to apply conditional formatting to a field of a table in a report in Power BI online.

The report is connected to a dataset that is in MS Teams and continues to function. All existing conditional formatting is unchanged.

These are the steps I took:

  1. Switch report to edit mode
  2. Select table
  3. Select conditional formatting - advanced controls
  4. In the pop-up window, select "Based on Field"

Then, the drop down list is blank and says {{::placeholderText}}.

This can now be recreated in any report, new or existing, where I attempt conditional formatting.

Screen Capture of Issue

I tried creating a new report from a new dataset, and attempted to add conditional formatting to a table. The same result happened.

I tried signing out of my Microsoft account and signing back in, but no effect.

1 Answers

I was able to get it working by adding ?conditionalFormattingModern=1 to the url for the online editor like this: https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/xxx/ReportSection?conditionalFormattingModern=1. (source of idea)

I'm not sure if it will work correctly after I publish the visual though. Apparently this isn't an issue on Power BI Desktop though- so it's probably fine.

Update: Not sure if I'm doing something wrong- but the conditional formatting doesn't seem to be actually applied. It's just that the editor window displays correctly.

Related