Gitlab can not clone my git projects to the virtual machine

Viewed 74

(this is my first question here, and apparently its mandatory)

so, today's problem concern the connection to git from a new VM... This is how configured git on this machine :

https://gitlabprod.intra.lne.fr/help/ssh/index#see-if-you-have-an-existing-ssh-key-pair GIT + ssh-keygen generate +

eval $ (ssh-agent -s) ssh-add <directory>/ssh-file.ssh
ssh -T git@giturl
git config --global http.sslVerify false

and this is the error I'm getting

fatal: unable to access 'urltoclone.git/': Received HTTP code 407 from proxy after CONNECT

on other machines I resolved this problem using :

git config --global http.sslVerify false

has anyone an idea how to solve this ?

thanks a lot !!

on other machines I resolved this problem using :

git config --global http.sslVerify false
1 Answers

http.sslVerify false is:

  1. A bad idea, you deactivate the SSL certificate
  2. only for HTTPS URL (https://...)

If you are adding ssh keys to the ssh-agent, it is because you want to use SSH URLs

So if you are trying to clone a repository, make sure its URL starts with git@<yourGitLabServer>, assuming that your keys have the default names ~/.ssh/id_rsa and ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub.

Related