New to R, my apologies if there is an easy answer that I don't know of.
I have a dataframe with 127.124 observations and 5 variables
Head(SortedDF)
number Retention.time..min. Charge m.z Group
102864 6947 12.58028 5 375.0021 Pro
68971 60641 23.36693 2 375.1373 Pro
75001 104156 24.54187 3 375.1540 Pro
87435 146322 22.69630 3 375.1540 Pro
82658 88256 22.32042 3 375.1541 Pro
113553 97971 14.54600 3 375.1566 Pro
...
I want to compare every row with the row underneath it (so basically rownumber vs rownumber +1) and see if they match. After reading the For and if-else functions, I came up with this code:
for (i in 1:dim(SortedDF))
if(abs(m.z[i]-m.z[i+1])<0.01 | abs(Retention.time..min.[i]-Retention.time..min.[i+1])<1 | (Charge[i]=Charge[i+1]) | Group[i]!=Group[i+1])
print("Match")
else
print("No match")
However, this code does not work as it only prints out the first function function [1], and I'm not sure if i+1 is a thing. Is there any way to solve this not using i+1?