Context
The instructions on the Linux/MacOS instructions to setup your device for the Lava neuromorphic computing framework by Intel provide a few pip commands, a git clone command and some poetry instructions. I am used to be able to integrate pip commands in an environment.yml for conda, and I thought the git clone command could also be included in the environment.yml file. However, I am not yet sure how to integrate the poetry commands.
Question
Hence, I would like to ask: How can I convert the following installation script into a (single) conda environment yaml file?:
cd $HOME
pip install -U pip
pip install "poetry>=1.1.13"
git clone git@github.com:lava-nc/lava.git
cd lava
poetry config virtualenvs.in-project true
poetry install
source .venv/bin/activate
pytest
Attempts
I have been able to install the Lava software successfully in a single environment.yml using:
# run: conda env create --file lava_environment.yml
# include new packages: conda env update --file lava_environment.yml
name: lava
channels:
- conda-forge
- conda
dependencies:
- anaconda
- conda:
# Run python tests.
- pytest=6.1.2
- pip
- pip:
# Auto generate docstrings
- pyment
# Run pip install on .tar.gz file in GitHub repository.
- https://github.com/lava-nc/lava/releases/download/v0.3.0/lava-nc-0.3.0.tar.gz
Which I've installed with:
conda env create --file lava_environment.yml
However, that installs it from a binary instead of from source.