There is an issue that seems trivial but fascinating to me and I want to learn. I am developing software on Apache Maven and it contains a configuration file named pom.xml. Whenever I add an erroneous entry as such: < john>3.2.0 </ jack > . It gives two errors. These are as such:
Non-parseable POM C:\Users\username\path\to\application\pom.xml: end tag name </ jack > must match start tag name < john> from line 32
and
The element type "john" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "". pom.xml /anket line 32 Language Servers
The point that I want to learn is which tool (eclipse, maven, whatsoever ) detect this anomaly and which technology or algorithm it uses to detect it? It is XML data, so I assume that neither JRE nor JDK can find out this anomaly. Assume that I want to write software that detects such anomalies, how can I do this?