My target asciidoc text is this:
[red]#Some prompt[x]# Make sure the option is [checked]
But it won't display in asciidoc
On further investigation, I found that any line beginning with a [colour] in square brackets, and ending in a right-bracket is similarly not displayed.
Now, in this case, I've got around the problem by putting the whole prompt section in bold, like this:
*[red]#Some prompt[x]#* Make sure the option is [checked]
but this is not ideal. Adding a period after the final close bracket \] also AVOIDS the problem - but in my use case I didn't like it.
I'd like to know if there is a better way. So far I've tried:
- Escaping the leading open bracket
\[ - Escaping the final close bracket
\] - Removing the
[x]in the middle, thinging the additional brackets in the middle may influence the outcome
but none of these has worked.
So my question is:
Is there a way to get around the problem of lines beginning with [colour] attributes ending with ] not displaying in asciidoc?