I have a K8s cluster with multiple different services deployed and would like to use a single Ingress to route each incoming request to the appropriate service via a unique hostname DNS.
Currently, I've only been able to resolve a request when using the root path i.e. service-123.app.com.
As soon as I try to make a request with a path it doesn't resolve. The paths are valid paths to each service. For example, service-123.app.com/page/12345 would be expected by the application.
I might not fully understand how K8s Ingress rules are expected to work, but I hoped that it would match based on hostname only and simply forward on the path to the appropriate service.
Am I missing something very simple here? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Here are my config files.
Ingress.yaml
apiVersion: extensions/v1beta1
kind: Ingress
metadata:
annotations:
......
name: app-name
namespace: default
spec:
rules:
- host: service-123.app.com
http:
- path: "/*"
backend:
serviceName: service-123
servicePort: 80
- host: service-456.app.com
http:
paths:
- path: "/*"
backend:
serviceName: service-456
servicePort: 80
service.yaml
---
apiVersion: v1
kind: Service
metadata:
annotations: {}
labels:
app: service-123
name: service-123
namespace: default
spec:
ports:
- name: port8080
port: 80
targetPort: 8080
selector:
app: service-123
type: NodePort