Error installing eth-brownie with pipx: "No Python at: <Location of Old Python Installation>"

Viewed 179

I'm trying to install eth-brownie. Followed the Brownie documentation and installed pipx, then ran pipx ensurepath. I was originally using Python 3.10 but couldn't install it, found that this was pretty common and the best fix was to downgrade to 3.9.

After uninstalling 3.10 and installing 3.9, I ran everything again. When I run pipx install eth-brownie, I get the following error:

C:\Users\garri>pipx install eth-brownie
No Python at 'C:\Users\garri\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.10_qbz5n2kfra8p0\python.exe'
Fatal error from pip prevented installation. Full pip output in file:
    C:\Users\garri\.local\pipx\logs\cmd_2022-03-28_13.40.53_pip_errors.log

Error installing eth-brownie.

I removed Python 3.10 from Path and python --version returns 3.9.12 as expected. I'm at a loss, as I feel like I've tried everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answers

This is basically a pipx cache issue. You have to delete the following folder to remove pipx related cached files.

C:\Users\<username>\.local\pipx

Related