I am building a login modal and would like to use input tags to enable browsers to autocomplete username and password however I am struggling to fully reset the User Agent Stylesheet styling for input tags. Whenever autocomplete does its thing the old styling comes back.
Here's my (simplified) react login form:
<form id="login-popup-container">
<div className="login-field-container">
<div className="login-value-title user">email</div>
<input className="answer login-info" type="text" />
</div>
<div className="login-field-container">
<div className="login-value-title password">password</div>
<input className="answer login-info" type="password" />
</div>
</form>
I have added this in my index.css:
input, input:focus, input:active, input:hover, input:-webkit-autofill, input:autofill, input:indeterminate, input:enabled, input:valid {
outline: none !important;
border:none !important;
background-image:none !important;
background-color:transparent !important;
-webkit-box-shadow: none !important;
-moz-box-shadow: none !important;
box-shadow: none !important;
}
It works in a chrome incognito browser well enough
But in a regular chrome tab when autofill is performed by chrome this action brings the User Agent Stylesheet styling back to the input elements like this. As you can see above I have tried adding all the pseudo classes I could think of to the input tag reset styling but with no success.
Has anybody experienced this issue before / know why this is happening?