x = np.array([3, 4, 2, 1, 7, 8, 6, 5, 9])
I want to get an answer as array([9,8,7,6,5]) and their indices array([8,5,4,6,7]).
I've tried np.amax which only provides a single value.
x = np.array([3, 4, 2, 1, 7, 8, 6, 5, 9])
I want to get an answer as array([9,8,7,6,5]) and their indices array([8,5,4,6,7]).
I've tried np.amax which only provides a single value.
You can do this (each step is commented for clarity):
import numpy as np
x = np.array([3, 4, 2, 1, 7, 8, 6, 5, 9])
y = x.copy() # <----optional, create a copy of the array
y = np.sort(x) # sort array
y = y[::-1] # reverse sort order
y = y[0:5] # take a slice of the first 5
print(y)
The result:
[9 8 7 6 5]
You can use np.argsort to get the sorted indices. Any by doing -x you can get them in descending order:
indices = np.argsort(-x)
You can get the numbers by doing:
sorted_values = x[indices]
You can then get the slice of just the top 5 by doing:
top5 = sorted_values[:5]